- Be your own boss this summer
Application deadline: January 31, 2021
The Reisman Internship Program provides funding and coaching support so you can experience what it's like to create your dream job and be your own boss.
How would you use $10,000 or $15,000 to pursue your passion?
With Reisman funding, you could:
- Start a new business
- Pivot or expand an existing business
- Create a social initiative
- Pursue a cultural project
We offer two levels of funding:
Design funding ($10,000) enables you to plan an entrepreneurial project. You might achieve one or more of the following goals:
- Create a viable business model
- Produce a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) or prototype
- Map out the strategy for taking your product or service to market
- Develop a financing plan (which may include a formal business plan)
- Execute a pilot project
Launch funding ($15,000) enables you to take a product or service to market. You could:
- Take a business or social enterprise from startup concept to sales OR
- Act on a plan developed previously by you or another student
How a Reisman Internship works
As a Reisman intern, you'll work independently, but you won't be isolated. Throughout your internship, you'll have coaching support from your Reisman Coach. Your coach will also connect you with other resources, on campus and in the community. More details about your summer here.
Any returning Mount A student may apply. You can apply on your own or with up to three other Mount A students.
Your first application will include a 3-minute video "teaser" and a written application. These will be reviewed by the Reisman Internship selection committee. If the committee thinks your application has strong potential, you'll be asked to give a five-minute live pitch to the Reisman selection committee, followed by a Q&A session.
The 2021 Reisman interns should be announced by the end of March.
How to apply
- Decide on the level of funding you'll apply for. Design funding ($10,000) will allow you to prepare to take a product or service to market. Launch funding ($15,000) is meant for students who are ready to go to market during their internship
- Download the application
- Read through ALL the parts of the application that apply to you. (Launch funding requires more documentation than Design funding.)
- If you're completing an application for Launch funding, fill out the Business Model Canvas and a Cash Flow Document
- Request the required letters of reference. (Keep in mind that referees will likely need a week or more to write a letter for you.)
- Complete the parts of the application required for your level of funding. (If you'd like help, email email@example.com)
- E-mail your completed application, including the letters of reference, to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31 at 11. p.m
Select applicants will be asked to proceed to a live pitch and Q&A session with the selection committee.
We're happy to help you develop your application. Reach out to us at email@example.com
Hear more about the Reisman experience from past interns, or check out their profiles by clicking here