Entrepreneurship at Mount Allison: Apply for funding and be your own boss!
Application deadline: January 31, 2021
Mount Allison University has a growing portfolio of opportunities available to fund entrepreneurial ideas! Thanks to our generous donors and partners, we are able to support even more students, at various stages of their planning, to dive into the world of start-ups and entrepreneurship. Learn more about TD Ignite Grants and Reisman Internships in Entrepreneurship below!
How would you use $3,000 or $5,000 or $10,000 or $15,000 to pursue your passion?
With Entrepreneurship funding, you could:
- Start a new business
- Pivot or expand an existing business
- Create a social initiative
- Pursue a cultural project
The level of funding depends on what stage of development you are in - there are opportunities for everyone!
Any returning Mount A student in good academic standing may apply. You can apply on your own or with up to three other Mount A students.
Your first application will include a 3-minute video "teaser" and a written application. These will be reviewed by the Reisman selection committee. If the committee thinks your application has strong potential, you'll be asked to give a five-minute live pitch to the Reisman selection committee, followed by a Q&A session.
The 2021 Ignite Grant winner, and Reisman interns should be announced by the end of March.
How to apply
- Decide on the level of funding you'll apply for. TD Ignite Grant funding ($3,000 - $5,000) will allow you to explore your idea on a part time basis and plan for future development of your idea. Reisman Design funding ($10,000) will allow you to prepare to take a product or service to market. Reisman Launch funding ($15,000) is meant for students who are ready to go to market during their internship
- Download the application.
- Read through ALL the parts of the application that apply to you. (Launch funding requires more documentation than Design funding.)
- Work on and perfect your 3-minute video "teaser" video for the adjudication committee. Tips for video recording.
- Complete the parts of the application required for your level of funding. (If you'd like help, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you're completing an application for Reisman Launch funding, fill out the Business Model Canvas and a Cash Flow Document
- E-mail your completed application, and a link to your video, to email@example.com by January 31 at 11. p.m
Select applicants will be asked to proceed to a live pitch and Q&A session with the selection committee.
We're happy to help you develop your application. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information and inspiration for Reisman Applicants!
The Reisman Internship Program provides funding and coaching support so you can experience what it's like to create your dream job and be your own boss.
Hear more from our Reisman Interns:
- What was the final result of your internship?
- What was the most valuable lessons learned over the summer?
- Why should students participate?
- What did you get out of your internship?
How a Reisman Internship works
As a Reisman intern, you'll work independently, but you won't be isolated. Throughout your internship, you'll have coaching support from your Reisman Coach. Your coach will also connect you with other resources, on campus and in the community. More details about your summer here.
Be inspired by our many previous interns! Check out the dozens of successful student entrepreneurs here: Summer Intern Highlights