Stay informed. Check your MTA email regularly for important updates from the University.
August 31st is Move-in Day for new students!
With this simple guide, you'll know exactly what to expect, how to get here, where to go, and what to do on your first day at Mount Allison.
What time should I plan to arrive at Mount Allison?
If you are living on-campus, it is advised that you arrive and move into your residence between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 31. If you anticipate arriving after 2 p.m., please contact your residence don at [residence]email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Orientation events begin at 2 p.m. Student ambassadors will take you to the meeting point. The University Commencement ceremony begins at 4 p.m. at Convocation Hall.
Where do I go once I get to campus?
If you are living on-campus, go directly to your assigned residence where you can register and move in. Residences open at 9 a.m. Afterwards, go to the Wallace McCain Student Centre where you can pick up your Welcome Pack, your MtA ID Card, and your mailbox key. If you are living off-campus, proceed directly to the Student Centre.
To help with traffic flow, please enter Sackville via Exit 504 on the Trans-Canada Highway.
- As you enter Sackville, stop at one of the MtA Orientation road-side stops.
- Traffic guides will give you directions on how to access campus/your residence. Depending on the time and route, traffic may be heavy and slow-moving.
- Once at you residence, our student volunteers will help you unload your vehicle at a spot close to the front entrance.
- Our enthusiastic volunteers and house executives will help carry all items to your room.
- To keep things moving, please move your vehicle to a nearby parking lot immediately after unloading.
- MtA is a pedestrian campus. Walk to the Wallace McCain Student Centre to pick up your ID card and pre-ordered Orientation Pack.
If you're moving into residence, you'll be greeted by your friendly residence executive and staff upon arrival. Details about your room inventory will be sent to you via email after you've moved in.
Stay In The Know!
Make sure to check back to be in the know about Move-in Day and Orientation!