Geocomputing combines geographical and environmental skills with training in computer science, giving students expertise to study and understand spatial dimensions of social and environmental problems.
Faculty: Faculty of Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), joint major
The program provides students with the valuable skills and knowledge to solve pressing environmental problems such as minimizing environmental impacts and identifying critical habitat.
In their final year, students complete an applied capstone project that integrates both fields.
Other degree options in the field of geography and environment at Mount Allison:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), environmental studies (honours, major, or minor)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), environmental science (honours, major, or minor)
- Any degree, geographic information systems (GIS) (minor)
Other degree options in the field of computer science at Mount Allison:
- BA or BSc, computer science (honours or major)
- Any degree, computer science minor
- BA, honours in computer science and mathematics
Not sure about the difference between a major, a minor, and an honours?
Dr. Joshua Kurek
Assistant professor, geography and environment
Established the Environmental Change and Aquatic Biomonitoring Lab (ECAB) at Mount Allison