Digital portfolio submission guidelines
Depending on the nature of your work, submit one of the following combinations of images and/or videos:
- 15 digital images, for works that lend themselves to still documentation (drawings, paintings, photographs, prints, sculptures, ceramics, graphics, zines, or textiles including weaving, knitting and sewing); as well as up to 10 images of pages from sketchbooks (list as one image on the image sheet)
- 10 digital images and one video (maximum three minutes) for works that require both still and video documentation (theatre, music, performing arts, or animation)
Specifications for image files
Digital images must be submitted on CD or DVD. Print your name on the CD or DVD.
Image files must conform to the following specifications:
- PC and MAC compatible files
- .jpg file format
- Maximum 1 MB file size
- Maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Resolution 72 – 300 dpi
- RGB or grayscale colour mode files only (no CMYK)
Please ensure that your CD or DVD has been formatted correctly. Test it before sending.
File names must be in the following format: 01initials.jpg (image number, applicant’s initials). The image number must correspond to the number provided in the Description of Visual Support Material form.
Please include a copy of this form as a PDF on your CD or DVD. In addition, include a hardcopy of this form with your portfolio submission. If further descriptive information is necessary, include details on a separate page (one page maximum.)
Do not include in your submission any URLs/hyperlinks to Internet sites with your images and do not submit any files by e-mail.
Every precaution is taken by Mount Allison University to ensure that portfolios are handled carefully. Mount Allison University does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to materials submitted.