As English is the primary language of instruction at Mount Allison, students must possess a mastery of English sufficient to communicate effectively, follow lectures, and write assignments and examinations in English. All applicants will be required to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
Admission preference is given to students who submit IELTS or TOEFL results. You may also provide proof of one of the following:
- Successful completion of at least three years of academic instruction at a Canadian secondary institution, as recognized by Mount Allison University
- Successful completion of at least 30 credit hours (or equivalent) at a post-secondary institution, as recognized by Mount Allison University, where English is the primary language of instruction
- TOEFL score of 90 (internet test), 580 (paper test), 213 (computer test) (DI Code 0939) with no band score lower than 20
- International English Language Testing System – Academic (IELTS) score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6*
- Canadian Academic English Test – Computer Edition (CAEL CE) minimum score of 70
- For more options, see the academic calendar.
Please note: Meeting the minimum English proficiency requirement does not guarantee admission. Mount Allison reserves the right to request additional information in support of your application.
*Students with the equivalent of IELTS 6.0 and who otherwise meet our academic admissions requirements may be invited to join our English Academic Bridging (EAB) program. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.