External partner scholarships
There are many scholarships and bursaries available to students across Canada from external donors. Even if you are in your upper years of study, we encourage you to look for external funding options.
- you will have to use filtering options to narrow down your search to find the funding that is right for you
- a lot of applications require similar information to be submitted. We encourage you to make a scholarship template full of information that you can use as a reference for any funding opportunity that comes along
The external scholarships below are available to entering Mount Allison students. A separate application is needed to apply. Recipients may also accept other scholarships, bursaries, and awards in addition to this scholarship.
Harrison McCain Scholarship in memory of Marion McCain
Two scholarships valued at $16,000 ($4,000 renewable over four years), criteria (chosen externally):
- 80% average for first term Grade 12, based on university preparatory courses
- Financial need
- Leadership qualities
- A recognized initiative in funding their own education
- Preference given to Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents
- Renewal criteria: maintain 3.7 (sessional) GPA with a course load of 30 credits between the fall and winter terms
- To apply, fill out this separate application form (pdf) by March 1
The following sites are also helpful in finding external scholarship opportunities: