Renewal information for upper year disbursement
When and how is a decision regarding my scholarship determined?
- At the end of each academic year, a review of students records for those who hold scholarships is completed to determine if they have met renewal criteria.
- If renewal criteria has been met: the student will be notified by email. Connect@MtA financial accounts will be updated with two equal installments of total value in October and January of the following year.
- If renewal criteria has not been met: the students scholarship is revoked. Official correspondence will be sent to the student to notify them of this decision and provide instructions on an official appeal process.
What is my renewal criteria?
- Entrance scholarships: achieving a 3.7 GPA on a course load of 30 course credits between the fall and winter terms.
- Some designated scholarships may have different renewal criteria. The recipients of these awards are contacted directly and provided their unique renewal criteria in writing.
Temporary COVID alternate scholarship renewal criteria 2020-2021
As announced on Dec. 16, the following is an outline of the temporary alternative scholarship renewal criteria for scholarship retention for the 2021-2021 academic year.
In order to maintain a renewable scholarship, the following conditions will apply:
- You must remain enrolled in 30 credits for the fall and winter terms combined
- You must complete at least 21 credits with standard letter grades over the fall and winter terms
- Your GPA for scholarship purposes will be calculated based on your best 21 credits for courses with standard letter grades
For scholarship renewal criteria for aviation students, and for students registered with the Meighen Centre, please contact our financial aid and awards counsellor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
General questions about scholarship renewal can be directed to the financial aid and awards counsellor, email email@example.com or book an appointment.