A comfortable transition
We know that going to university in a new country can be overwhelming. That's why we do everything we can to support you, both socially and academically. We also spend time helping you adjust to life at your new university – whether that means giving you a tour of the town or introducing you to your professors.
Start your year off with someone you can count on. The Mount A mentorship program pairs international students with a third or fourth year student who can support and guide you as you adjust to your new school and environment. In addition to regular meet up with your mentors, you'll also have the opportunity to participate in fun events designed specifically for mentorship participants. Find out more through the Mount Allison International Centre.
Student groups and associations
Spending time with students who share your interests, hobbies, or culture can make a big difference in your well-being and your academic success. At Mount Allison, you'll find almost 150 clubs and societies, including groups with an international focus such as:
- MOSAIC (multicultural student society)
- International Choir and Song Circle
- Chinese Students' Association
- MtA Korean Students' Association
- ISA (Indian Students' Association)
- Roots (African Heritage Society)
- Msaada (Swahili for to 'aid' or 'improve')
- World Vision Mount Allison
- Amnesty International MtA
- Atlantic International Studies Organization (ATLIS)
- Because I Am A Girl
- Canada World Youth at MtA
- Free the Children
- MtA Global Brigades
- WUSC (World University Service of Canada)
Find out more about our student groups and societies.
Spend time adjusting to your new university — before the rest of the students arrive. International orientation takes place a few days before the regular university orientation, giving you a chance to:
- get used to the campus and the town of Sackville
- meet other international students
- spend time with your international student advisor
Find out more about international orientation through the Mount Allison International Centre.
Visit Student Life to find out more about what Mount Allison has to offer to all our students.