Beautiful Sackville, which Mount Allison calls home, offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities.
No matter the season, Sackville has parks, hiking trails, and activities for everyone to enjoy.
Sackville Waterfowl Park
Winner of Environment Canada's National Award for Environmental Achievement, this 55-acre park features:
- 3.5 kilometres of accessible trails and boardwalks
- 160 bird species and 200 species of plants
- Free admission
Other parks and trails include:
- Tantramar Rail Trail – 33 km trail (part of the Trans-Canada Trail) passes through boreal forest, freshwater and saltwater marshes
- Silver Lake – Ideal spot for swimming, boating, and fishing
- Beech Hill Park – Walking trails with panoramic views of the Tantramar Marsh, offering cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter
- Crooked Tree and Ogden Loop Trails – All-season wilderness trails built and maintained by the Tantramar Outdoor Club