Where there is food – people gather.
At Mount Allison we make it a priority to serve healthy, balanced meals, to give students a wide range of choices, and to 'eat local' – sourcing 40 per cent of our food from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI. We are also proud to provide an all-access, unlimited meal plan that will fit any schedule.
Jennings Dining Hall
The main dining hall, Jennings, has something for everyone. The "all-you-care-to-eat" menu includes daily specials as well as fresh-made stations featuring:
- Mongolian grill – Chefs cook your choice of fresh ingredients right in front of you.
- Wood-fired oven – Handmade thin-crust pizzas are cooked the Italian way in a very special oven.
- Vedge – The vegetarian station has Canadian and international foods in a station that has never been touched by meat.
- Hearty kitchen – Wholesome food based on traditional comfort foods, including hot breakfast, rotisserie, and carvery.
- Salad bar – Make your own salad or choose from ready-made salads. Friday is a fruit bar.
- Charbroil grill – Serving selections of grilled and deep-fried favourite foods with fresh-cut potatoes.
- Pasta and noodle bar – Choose from homemade pasta sauces and rotating noodle dishes.
- Deli and panini – Deli-style or contemporary sandwiches made for you (hot or cold).
- Soup bar – Made-from-scratch hearty and hot soups.
- Accommodation station – For students with food intolerances and special diet requirements.
- Espresso and smoothies – Your choice of specialty coffees and a rotating selection of healthy smoothies.
- Breakfast and waffle – All-day continental breakfast, including make-your-own waffle with toppings.
- Desserts – Fresh-baked desserts made every day in Jennings bakery.
Our Dining Services staff is always willing to help students. Their friendly faces brighten even the busiest days. Our director can help with any dietary requirements and will meet with you to run through menus to ensure health and nutritional needs are met, or will set up an appointment with our dietitian.
Stop by the Jennings Dining Hall office (or call) to order a meal in case of an illness or class conflict or to talk about food-related topics.
You can even follow us on Twitter: @MTADining
Located in the Wallace McCain Student Centre, Gracie’s is a popular study spot and a great place to meet with friends. It offers a grill station, sandwiches, soups, salads, snacks, and coffee every weekday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Gracie’s also provides a terrific view of Alumni Field — front row seats for every home game.
Mount Allison’s pub, The Pond, is right next to Gracie’s on the lower level of the Wallace McCain Student Centre. It features live bands and trivia nights and offers pub food for evening and late-night snacking. Like Gracie’s, The Pond also overlooks Alumni Field.
Flying Bean Café
The Flying Bean is a cozy coffee house conveniently located in the R.P. Bell Library. A quiet place to chat with friends or study, it offers fair trade coffee and pastries.
Check out menus and learn more about Mount Allison’s Dining Services.