Students considering a change of degree program are advised to meet with an academic advisor to explore their options. Students should review the requirements for transferring degrees, evaluate whether the change is realistic and necessary to achieve personal, academic or career goals, and assess remaining requirements and anticipated graduation date.
Bachelor of Arts
Students applying to transfer to the Bachelor of Arts degree program may submit theonline at any time during the course of their studies.
Bachelor of Science
Students applying to transfer to the Bachelor of Science degree program may submit theonline after completing the following courses with a minimum grade of C- in each:
- MATH 1111 or MATH 1151
- three credits from CHEM 1001, PHYS 1041, or PHYS 1051
- three credits from BIOL 1001, BIOL 1501, BIOC 1001, GENS 1401, PSYC 1001, or PSYC 1011
In addition, you should have achieved minimum grades of C- for core courses which are prerequisites for further study in your intended major/minor program(s).
Bachelor of Commerce
Students applying to transfer to the Bachelor of Commerce program should submit thenormally at the end of their second year. To be eligible to transfer to the Bachelor of Commerce, students must meet the following two criteria:
- the attainment of a CGPA of at least 2.0
- completion of the following 27 credits:
- 12 credits from MATH 1111 or MATH 1151, ECON 1001 and 1011, three credits in computer science
- 15 credits from Commerce 2101, 2131, 2201, 2301, six credits from Mathematics 2311 and 2321 OR Psychology 2001 and 2011 OR Economics 1701 and 2701 OR MATH 2311 and ECON 2701
Students applying to transfer to the Bachelor of Music program must submit theonline, and complete an application process managed by the Music department. Please consult the Music department head for the application deadline, as well as further information about the required application form, audition, interview, and entrance assessment.
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Students applying to transfer to the Bachelor of Fine Arts program must submit the change of degree request form online, and complete an application process managed by the Fine Arts department. Please consult with the Fine Arts department head for the application deadline, as well as further information about the required portfolio submission and forms.