If you are an incoming new or transfer student, or currently in your first year of studies at Mount Allison please book an appointment to see the 'First Year Academic Advisor'.
If you are a returning student in second year or above please book an appointment under the 'Academic Advising for returning students' heading.
Please follow this link to book an academic advising appointment: Academic Advisor Online Booking
If you do not see times for the appropriate advisor listed on any given day no appointments are available that day. Please use the 'next available' button to find the next available appointment with your advisor.
When booking the appointment you will be required to include the following:
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Program of study
- Reason for appointment request
Appointments are held in the Registrar's Office, 2nd floor of the Wallace McCain Student Centre. Appointments for new, transfer and first year students are held in Room 235. Appointments for returning students in second year or above are held in Room 234.
Appointments by phone are also available if you cannot attend in person. Simply call (506) 364-3287 for the first year academic advisor. Or, phone (506) 364-3200 to reach the academic advisor for returning students in second year or above.
To schedule an appointment during peak registration periods, plan ahead and book your appointment early. If you have an urgent concern and are not able to secure an appointment in a timely manner please email your questions to the appropriate academic advisor.
Please prepare for your advising appointment as appropriate:
- review relevant resources such as the academic calendar, the course timetable, degree requirements and program planning tools provided on the degree planning page
- bring along a copy of your current course schedule
- arrive with a list of courses you are considering for registration
- make a list of questions and concerns and bring it to the appointment
- be prepared to talk about academic difficulties and how to address them
- bring a pen and paper to make notes and write down any recommendations