The Wendall and Jean Halliday MacKay Award in Environmental Leadership was established to recognize and encourage environmental leadership among Mount Allison students.
There are three awards valued at $2,400 each available for the 2020-2021 academic year. To be considered for the award students must either apply for or be nominated for this award using the form below. Nominations are accepted from any member of the University community.
Deadline: April 12, 2021
- Mount Allison students at any level or program of study are eligible for consideration for this award.
- The applicant must be registered in or entering a program which provides learning opportunities and research focused on the environment. These include but are not limited to: environmental science, environmental studies, biology, geography, chemistry, sociology, religious studies, or philosophy.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Submission of a short essay detailing the student’s contribution to environmental leadership (2 pages maximum)
- Submission of a Financial Aid Application located in your Connect account. If a bursary application has already been submitted, we will use this submission. Please do not submit another application.
Name of student seeking award:
Name of nominator (if applicable):
E-mail of applicant or nominator:
Program of study:
Describe how the program of study has provided learning opportunities and research focused on the environment:
Please include your essay in the space provided. We recommend that you work on your essay in a word publisher. When complete, copy and paste the content into this field.
Essay topic: Please detail the student’s contribution to environmental leadership.
Please indicate if the student is currently receiving government student loans or using student lines of credit to finance their educational pursuits.
Government student loans and grants for 2020-2021
Financial institution loans/student lines of credit for 2020-2021