Mount Allison’s bursary program was established to increase access to post-secondary education and to assist students with demonstrated financial need in completing their studies in a timely manner.
Bursaries are awarded based on demonstrated financial need and are intended to supplement, not replace:
- a student’s own resources
- the resources of the applicant’s immediate family
- the calculated parental contribution as indicated by provincial and/or federal student loans
Financial need is established when a student has demonstrated that their expenses exceed their resources. Priority will be given to students who demonstrate an urgency to purchase food, books, or to pay rent.
University General Bursary
To apply, visit the Spring/Summer University General Bursary application. Please keep in mind this form must be downloaded and completed.
The 2020-21 Current Student General Bursary application will be available by mid-July.
Disbursement of bursaries
- Approved entrance bursaries will be automatically applied to the student’s account in 2 equal installments – September and January, once proof of student loans/educational loans are submitted to email@example.com.
- Approved in-course bursaries will be automatically applied to the student’s account in the term(s) for which it is awarded.
If the award creates a credit on the student’s account, the student is responsible for contacting the registrar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a cheque or the remaining credit will be applied toward the next academic term/year.
Senior Citizen Bursary