The purpose of the Student Payment Plan program is to assist students who are having difficulties paying their tuition and other fees by the scheduled due date. Payment plans must be applied for on a term to term basis.
To be reviewed/considered for a payment plan, you must:
- Be a current student with no prior balance owing from a previous term. If you have an outstanding balance on your student account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Demonstrate an ability to make future payments;
- Complete the University’s Student Payment Plan Application Form located in your Connect account and be approved by the University;
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the Payment Plan Agreement;
- Agree to a schedule of instalment payments.
$50/term will be added to the first instalment.
- Complete the Student Payment Plan Application form through your Connect account.
- Your application will be reviewed within five business days and you will be contacted through your MtA email with the decision. You may be contacted if additional information is required.
- If your application is approved, you must sign a "Student Payment Plan Agreement" which outlines the details of your payment schedule and obligations.
- Click here to view a sample Student Payment Plan Agreement.
Information on fee payment methods can be located at mta.ca/feepayment.
Please note: some payment methods can take longer than others to be processed into your student account. Pre-plan your payments so that they arrive on time.
A Student Payment Plan will be considered defaulted if one or more payments are not received by any of the designated due dates as per your Student Payment Plan Agreement. If a payment is missed, the plan and the student account will be subject to regularly scheduled monthly interest and late fees as per the Academic Calendar. Students who default will not be eligible to use future payment plans.
- Other fees and fines may be added to your student account at any time during the term, i.e. library fines, replaced ID cards, etc. Regularly review your Account Statement in Connect to ensure all charges are as expected, all payments made to the school have been received and all balances are paid in full before the start of the next term.
- If your account is not paid in full by the end of your payment plan agreement term, a $75 late-payment fee will be applied to your account. Additionally, you will not be permitted to register for the following term or receive school documents (diplomas, transcripts, letters of permission, official confirmations, etc.) until the outstanding amount is paid in full.
If you have any questions with respect to completing the application form or the Student Payment Plan Agreement, please contact email@example.com.