Tuition and fees for the 2018-19 academic year
The fees below are for a full academic year, and are mandatory, except where indicated otherwise.
Tuition Full-time Canadian
- Full-time students $8,295
- Full-time NB Resident (Includes full year discount) $7925
- Full-time (Aviation see below)
- Part-time students (per 6-credit course) $1,659
- Part-time NB Resident (per 6-credit course) $1,585
- Part-time students (per 3-credit course) $829.50
- Part-time NB Resident (per 3-credit course) $792.50
Tuition Full-time International
- Full-time students $17,600
- Full-time students (Aviation see below)
- Part-time students (per 6-credit course) $3,520
- Part-time students (per 3-credit course) $1,760
- Single private ensuite $7,591
- Single shared ensuite $6,867
- Single $6,127
- Double ensuite $5,770
- Double $5,175
- Triple ensuite $4,800
Other residence fees
- Residence services $632
- Unlimited Meal plan for residence students (includes $100 Mountie Money) $4,898
- 10/Week meal plan (limited to senior students Anchorage, Bermuda & Carriage houses only and includes $100 Mountie Money) $2,633
- House executive residence dues $110
Student organization fees
- Full-time MASU (student union) membership, and extended health & dental coverage $555.50
- Part-time MASU (student union) membership $113
- International student basic medical coverage $685
- Library contribution $15
- Argosy (student newspaper) $33
- CHMA (student radio) $40
- Orientation program for full-time new students (Fall term only) $80
- Mail service fee $25
- McConnell Fitness Centre fee $150
- Technology & Service fee $200
New Brunswick students who are a resident of New Brunswick and full time at Mount Allison will be eligible to receive a tuition rebate of up to $370 for the full year. Students charged full time tuition in both terms will be eligible to receive a $185.00 rebate credited to their student account each term.
New Brunswick students who are a resident of New Brunswick and part time at Mount Allison will be eligible to receive a tuition rebate of $37.00 per a 3 credit course.
The first year of study, tuition fee is the Mount Allison full-time undergraduate tuition.
Second, third and fourth years of study, tuition fee is a blend of Mount Allison tuition and Moncton Flight College tuition:
- Canadian Students: $25, 606.50 (MtA tuition $5806.50 plus MFC Tuition $19, 800)
- NB Residents: $25, 347.50 (MtA tuition $5547.50 plus MFC tuition $19, 800)
- International Students: $32, 120.00 (MtA tuition $12,320.00 plus MFC Tuition $19, 800)
All ground school and flight training is included, as are Mount Allison courses taken in these years. Tuition fees do not include residence accommodation or travel between campuses. Note that tuition amounts are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
The Residence Services fee is mandatory for all students living in residence and covers local phone, cable TV, Internet connection, a mini fridge and access to the laundry room.
Mountie Money is included with your meal plan. A $100 amount will be loaded onto your student card as part of your full year meal plan charge and can be used to purchase food and other services on campus.
House Executive Residence Dues are mandatory for all students living in residence. The House Executive Residence Dues are collected by the University on behalf of the residence hall student executive teams. Dues are used for student-led programming in residence over the course of the academic year. Only students who live in residence are subject to residence dues.
MASU, membership and extended health and dental coverage, includes the full time Student Union fee and extended health and dental plan. This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU). Full-time students can opt out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage and receive a refund of the fee paid from the MASU office. The plan can be purchased by part-time students upon request. If you would like more information please go to the MASU website at www.masu.ca or email email@example.com.
International students will be charged for an international student basic medical plan. This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU). Students may opt out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage and receive a refund of the fee paid from the MASU office. If you would like more information please go to the MASU website at www.masu.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New student orientation is a multi-day collaboration between the Mount Allison Students' Union and the University's Student Life Office. It is designed to be a fun, informative, and inclusive introduction to university life at Mount Allison. All new students are encouraged to attend. Register at www.mta.ca/orientation. The fee covers the cost of all Orientation events, entertainment, and programming. It also includes a well-stocked welcome pack which is made available to new students on Move-in Day. Full-time students are charged automatically. Part-time students can opt-in by contacting the Students' Union at email@example.com or (506) 364-2231.