Please note: The health & safety committee information is now available on the Faculty & Staff Gateway on the Health & safety committees page in the Wellness & safety site.
Under the NB Occupational Health & Safety Act, Mount Allison University must have a joint health and safety committee consisting of equal representation from both the employer and the employees. The joint health and safety network at Mount Allison is made up of a Health & Safety Steering Committee and three subcommittees. While each of the subcommittees has separate areas of responsibility, their primary objective is to help make the University a safer place to work.
The three subcommittees are:
- Facilities Management Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Fine Arts & Sciences Joint Health Safety Committee
- Faculty/Staff Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Library access services desk
- Facilities management front desk
- Fitness centre reception area (Wallace McCain Student Centre)
- Athletic centre lobby
- Jennings Dining Hall
- Flemington (Biology) - ground floor