Mount Allison’s Bachelor of Commerce provides you with an experiential and personal approach to business studies.
You will benefit from small class sizes, one-on-one time with your professors, frequent interaction with fellow students, opportunities to gain real-world experience, and Mount Allison’s strong links to the business world.
You will study a variety of business areas, such as:
The program is designed to give all students, regardless of your areas of concentration, a strong undergraduate foundation in the key disciplines of management education.
The Ron Joyce Centre for Business Studies
Established in 2008, the Centre has focused on:
- delivering one of Canada's best undergraduate business education
- providing students with hands-on learning experience through internships, field trips, case competitions, and networking opportunities
- adding faculty to an already distinguished group of professors
- building a flexible curriculum with a wide variety of course offerings
- For more information, see the Ron Joyce Centre for Business Studies website
Commerce at Mount Allison is offered as a:
- Bachelor of Commerce (with honours option)
- Bachelor of Commerce, honours in economics
- Bachelor of Commerce ― Aviation in conjunction with Moncton Flight College
- Bachelor of Arts, with a major in Commerce
- Any degree, with a minor in Commerce
The Bachelor of Commerce program requires you to minor in a discipline outside of Commerce* in order to help expand your perspective on the world. You can choose any program offered as a minor.
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce degree must also complete distribution requirements — six credits (two courses) in each of two categories:
- Arts and letters – drama, English, Fine Arts, art history, languages, Music
- Humanities – Canadian studies, classics, history, philosophy, religious studies, women's and gender studies
To view a full description, student testimonials, and career options, visit Commerce program.
NEW! Bachelor of Commerce ― Aviation in conjunction with Moncton Flight College
Our Bachelor of Commerce ― Aviation is designed for students who wish to combine their aviation training with business studies.
Flight training begins in second year. You will continue to take three courses per term on campus and ground school training in second, third, and fourth year, while one-on-one instructor training and flying takes place at the MFC campus.
As an aviation student, you will:
- complete more than 200 hours of flying
- receive hundreds of hours of ground training
- learn about navigation, airplane instruments, aviation regulations, and weather
- graduate with a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), a multi-engine class rating, and a Group 1 instrument rating
*Students in the Bachelor of Commerce ― Aviation program do not require a minor.