Mount Allison is committed to environmental sustainability.
It continually seeks to improve efficiency while reducing its impact on the environment.
The University’s environmental policy outlines eight target areas where gains can be made:
- emission reduction
Mount Allison has already made great strides in reducing its environmental footprint.
- improvements to the heating and ventilation systems
- implementing recycling and composting programs
- endeavouring to use local foods in campus dining facilities
- minimizing the use of paper products and choosing environmentally-aware products
- adopting an integrated pest management approach to grounds maintenance
- installing low-flow plumbing fixtures and rainwater collection systems
- choosing energy efficient lighting and daylight and motion sensors
- working to make new and existing buildings energy efficient
The University continues to find new and innovative ways to improve its environmental performance for the benefit of current as well as future generations of students.