Updated Aug. 7, 2020
In this section you will find the most current information about plans now underway at Mount Allison for Fall 2020 and the 2020-21 academic year.
The University plans to offer many courses online as well as a selection of courses that will utilize both online delivery combined with some on-campus activities (such as labs or studio work). Residences will be open.
Mount Allison is implementing a wide range of health and safety measures across every aspect of University operations. Our plans will continue to be informed by the health and safety guidelines and recommendations of the provincial government and New Brunswick Public Health. As plans develop further, this section will be updated and important updates will be communicated directly to students through e-mail.
- Find out more about the MtA Sackville Bubble and the community commitment.
- Mount Allison has developed a comprehensive COVID-19 response plan, designed as a resource and information guide for students.
- Recommendations for optimal internet connectivity and hardware to support online learning can be found on the technology information page.
- Information on our MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre, a one-stop welcome and orientation centre for all new and returning students. All students taking classes on campus must visit the Welcome Centre.
- More information on self-isolation in residence as well as off campus is now available on the residence and off-campus housing page.
- Find out more about what to bring to your residence room or apartment, due to COVID-19, things to do before you leave home, how to stay healthy, what to do if you get sick, and information on community masks on the health & safety information and preparedness page.
Find out more about plans for the 2020-21 academic year for:
- Academics & course registration
- Technology information & updates (including recommendations for internet connectivity and hardware)
- Residence & off-campus housing (including move-in dates, entry into New Brunswick, and self-isolation)
- Health & safety information & preparedness
- MtA Sackville Bubble Welcome Centre
- MtA Sackville Bubble (including full text of the community commitment)
- Student support
- Financial resources (available MtA and government financial supports)
- Athletics & recreation (programming & facilities)
- Incoming students FAQ
- International students FAQ
- Health & safety resources & information (videos, posters, links to additional external resources)
- COVID-19 response plan
Information for faculty & staff can be found on the Faculty & Staff Gateway.
Update on University operations
Provincial state of emergency
On March 19, 2020, the Province of New Brunswick declared a state of emergency in the province due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The state of emergency remains in effect.
- The campus is closed to the public and campus buildings remain locked. Students who need to access a building should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those conducting research may request permission to return to working on campus. Students should contact their supervisors for more information.
- All public events on campus are cancelled, including campus tours, until further notice.
- Effective July 3, residents of the Atlantic provinces will be able to travel within the four provinces without the requirement to self-isolate, provided they have not traveled outside of the Atlantic provinces in the past 14 days and are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Continue to check your mta.ca e-mail account regularly for updates.
- If mail or a package arrives for you, you will receive an e-mail from the bookstore with instructions on arranging pick up. If you have questions about mail services, e-mail email@example.com
- Although the Library building is closed, online resources are still accessible and librarians are available to help with research. Find out more about the types of library assistance available.
- Updates on municipal services and facilities in the Town of Sackville
- Town of Sackville information for students and families
- The most up-to-date information about the COVID-19 pandemic can be found at the following websites:
- Academic advising
For course selection advice or questions about transfer credits: book a virtual appointment with an academic advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Helpdesk
For technical assistance navigating registration in Connect@MtA: email@example.com or 1-866-890-6367
- Residence/dining hall
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about residence or meal plans
- Course content/format
For information about specific course content or course format, contact the instructor who has been assigned for that course — their name is listed in the timetable. If the instructor field reads 'TBD,' an instructor has not yet been assigned to teach the course. In that case, contact the program's department head.
For information about offers of admission, transcripts, registration deposits, deferral requests: email@example.com or (506) 364-2269