Applying to the Fine Arts program requires submitting a separate application package to the Fine Arts department in addition to your application for admission to the University.
The application deadline for the Fine Arts program is March 1 (new deadline!). You will be notified of your acceptance within six weeks.
In your application, you must declare which degree you intend to pursue:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with a minor in Fine Arts
Steps to apply
- Apply to Mount Allison (general admission) — to be considered for scholarships and bursaries, apply by March 1, 2021
- Then fill out the online Fine Arts application form
- Submit your portfolio in digital form — please read the portfolio guidelines before sending your submission
Applying in person
If you can come to visit Mount Allison, we would like to meet you. We encourage prospective students, whenever possible, to come meet the head of the department (bring examples of your work if you can.)
You can contact us to arrange an appointment at (506) 364-2490 or email@example.com
Or contact campus tours to arrange for a broader university tour.
Visiting campus gives you the opportunity to ask us about our courses, visit the Purdy Crawford Centre for the Arts, talk to current students about their experience in the program, and visit the Owens Art Gallery, Struts Gallery (an artist-run centre,) and START Gallery (a student-run gallery.)