The health services area of the Wellness Centre provides non-emergency primary health and wellness services for all Mount Allison students.
It acts as the student's family care practitioner by assisting to manage the health care needs of the student while away from home.
In addition to a full-time registered nurse/educator during the academic year (September-April) health services has access to:
- a physician (one morning or afternoon per week)
- a massage therapist (two days per week)
- a dietitian (by appointment)
- a registered acupuncturist (one day per week)
Health services are available by appointment, though there is an allocation of time for walk-in appointments for some services.
Health services is located on the lower level of the Wallace McCain Student Centre.
For health emergencies: Dial 911
- For immediate medical attention
Report to the Sackville Memorial Hospital emergency department located at 8 Main St., open 24 hours. Phone: 364-4100
- For urgent, non-emergency medical attention AFTER HOURS
Contact one of these
- For general health questions
Contact Tele-Care at 811, a 24-hour dial-in bilingual service or contact a local pharmacist at Jean Coutu 506-536-0230 or at the Guardian-Corner Drug Store 506-536-2255 as these allied health professionals can now assess and prescribe some minor ailments