Where you will find the place you belong.
Mount Allison University is located on Canada's East Coast in picturesque Sackville, New Brunswick. Whether you come here from a small town or a big city, you will soon fall in love with living in the ideal university town.
You will probably need rubber boots, there is often wind, and there is only one major intersection – but what you will find is that the spirit, the people, the opportunities to get involved in this engaging community, and the undeniable beauty of this place will become part of who you are and help you figure out who you want to be.
» To find out more, explore the Town of Sackville.
A five-minute walk will take you from campus into downtown.
- From pizza to fine dining, grab a bite to eat with friends at one of the independent cafés, pubs, diners or restaurants
- Whet your whistle at one of Sackville's pubs hosting regular live music
- Take in a midnight movie at the retro Vogue Theatre
- Shop at locally-owned boutique stores, the farmer’s market, second-hand clothing stores, record store, craft galleries, pharmacies, or grocery store
- Take a stroll with Sackville's Arts Walk
Sackville's scenic landscapes are a big part of its charm offering plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities — no matter the season.
- The Ladies’ College Park (Swan Pond) — a favourite study spot at the heart of campus, and serves as a skating rink in winter
- The 55-acre Waterfowl Park – home to hundreds of species of birds, adjoins the campus and is a great place for walking, running, skating, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing
- Tantramar Rail Trail – 33 km trail (part of the Trans-Canada Trail) passes through boreal forest, freshwater and saltwater marshes
- Silver Lake – Ideal spot for swimming, boating, and fishing
- Beech Hill Park – Walking trails with panoramic views of the Tantramar Marsh, offering cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter
- Crooked Tree and Ogden Loop Trails – All-season wilderness trails built and maintained by the Tantramar Outdoor Club
- Sackville Golf and Country Club – one of New Brunswick's oldest courses
Experience New Brunswick
There are amazing adventures to experience all across the province and fun to be had in all four seasons.
- scenic beauty
- outdoor activities
- dynamic cities
- the highest tides in the world
- the warmest salt water beaches in Canada
- Canada’s only officially bilingual (English and French) province
Get anywhere from here
There is so much to experience in Sackville that you might never want to leave, but if you do, it is quick and easy drive.
- Five minutes to the Nova Scotia border
- 30 minutes to Moncton — New Brunswick’s largest city
- 40 minutes to the Confederation Bridge linking to Prince Edward Island
- Two hours to Fredericton, Halifax, and Saint John
- air: Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport
- train: Via Rail has departures from Sackville to Halifax and Montreal
- bus: Maritime Bus serves the community with multiple daily departures
- car: The Trans Canada Highway makes it an easy drive to Quebec, Ontario, New England, and other U.S. cities on the eastern seaboard