Kurzweil 3000 Software
Thanks to the generous support of the Scotiabank Innovations Fund, the Meighen Centre has purchased a site license of Kurzweil 3000 reading software.
This software is, in our opinion, the best text-to-speech software available on the market today. This software would typically cost $1500 for a single user license. Thanks to Scotiabank this software is now available to all students, staff and faculty at Mount A.
This means that you can download a copy of Kurzweil to your computer for free as long as you are a Mount A student or staff member.
The license we purchased gives you access to the following:
1. Full version of Kurzweil 3000 for download on your computer.
2. Firefly web software available at www.kurzweil3000.com (this is a version of Kurzweil with basic features that can be used in a web browser when connected to the Internet - e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
3. Firefly mobile app (a basic version of Kurzweil for use on Apple iPad devices. You can download the app from the iTunes App Store. Please note: if you wish to use Firefly on an Android device, this can be done through Firefly web software in a web browser on your Android device).
To register to use Kurzweil please go to the Kurzweil 3000 page on Moodle, where you will find the registration link and instructions:
- Navigate to the Moodle homepage (https://moodle.mta.ca/)
- Click on the "Miscellaneous" category
- Scroll down and click on "Meighen Centre" and log into Moodle with your Mount A username & password, if you haven't done so already.
- Scroll down to the topic "Kurzweil 3000 Registration" and click on the page "Instructions for Kurzweil 3000 Registration"
- Follow the instructions to complete your registration
- Under "Kurzweil 3000 Registration" you may also wish to download a copy of the user installation guide for Windows or Apple OSX
Once you have registered please follow these links to download a copy of Kurzweil 3000 to your computer (Note: Please choose the "web license" option):
Apple Mac: https://www.kurzweiledu.com/k3mac
If you have questions or would like to schedule a training session on how to use Kurzweil+Firefly please contact Matt Kalichuk (firstname.lastname@example.org).