2017-18 is the Year of Indigenous Action at Mount Allison University
The annual President's Speakers Series supports the goals of the Year of Indigenous Action by bringing several noted speakers, activists, and artists to campus.
This year’s President’s Speakers Series includes:
- Dr. Niigaanwewidam James Sinclair, faculty member in the Native Studies Department at University of Manitoba and commentator on Indigenous issues (Sept. 25)
- Ian Campeau, founding member of A Tribe Called Red, DJ, and feminist (Nov. 20)
- National Chief Perry Bellegarde, Assembly of First Nations (Nov. 22)
- Albert Marshall, Elder of the Mi'kmaw Nation (Jan. 16)
- Roberta Jamieson, President and CEO, Indspire (Jan. 23)
- Naiomi Metallic, Chancellor’s Chair in Aboriginal Law and Policy, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University (Jan. 25)
For more details, see speakers.