Mount Allison takes a holistic approach to student wellness.
This means recognizing that the body, mind, spirit, and emotions are all inter-related and all must be considered in the available support services.
Staff across the University collaborate together to provide comprehensive wellness support for students.
Integrated Services for Student Wellness
- Health Services — provides non-emergency care, including a nurse/educator, physicians, massage therapy, acupuncture, and reflexology
- Mental health & wellness — individual and group counselling, educational outreach programming, access to pyschologists on a fee-for-service basis
- SHARE — sexual violence prevention and support; offers confidential advice, support, and a 24-hour crisis line, 540-7427
- The Meighen Centre — provides support for students with all types of disabilities
- Indigenous student support — support for Indigenous students and engages with non-Indigenous students and community members
- Alcohol and substance use harms reduction — alcohol and substance use education initiatives