Set out on the adventure of a lifetime
Study abroad and exchange programs are about so much more than just travel. They offer a chance for you to take new and interesting courses, learn a different language, experience another culture, make friends from around the globe, and learn a lot about yourself ― all while working towards your Mount Allison degree.
Mount Allison offers 31 programs in 20 countries, including semester-long, year-long, or short-term summer programs.
Study abroad vs. exchange
Study abroad offers you short-term studies on your own or as part of a group. Programs vary in length and are typically offered in spring or summer.
Exchange programs allow you to spend a semester or full academic year abroad at one of our partner universities. And, as the name suggests, Mount Allison also receives a visiting exchange student in return.
- BI Norwegian Business School – Oslo, Norway
- Bilkent University – Ankara, Turkey
- Bowling Green State University – Bowling Green, Ohio, U.S.
- City University Hong Kong – Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Dongguk University – Seoul, South Korea
- Eberhard-Karls Universität (Tübingen) – Tübingen, Germany
- Fudan University – Shanghai, China
- Georgia Southern University – Statesboro, Georgia, U.S.
- Killam Fellowship (U.S.)
- Kwansei Gakuin University (KGU) – Osaka, Japan
- Mid-Sweden University – Sundsvall, Sweden
- Philipps Universität Marburg – Marburg, Germany
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso — Valparaíso, Chile
- The Hague University – The Hague, Netherlands
- Universidad de Extremadura – Caceres, Spain
- Université Angers – Angers, France
- University of Kent – Canterbury, England, U.K.
- University of Limerick – Limerick, Ireland
- University of Newcastle – Newcastle, Australia
- University of Southern Denmark – Odense, Denmark
- University of Stirling – Stirling, Scotland, U.K.
- University of Otago – Dunedin, New Zealand
- University of Tasmania – Hobart, Australia
- Waseda University – Tokyo, Japan
Study Abroad Programs:
- Paris/Seville Cultural Studies – Seville, Spain and Paris, France
- Pompeii Archaeological Field School – Pompeii, Italy
- Summer Studies in India – Mysore, India
- Université de Strasbourg – Strasbourg, France
- Independent study abroad – the International Centre works with students who wish to study at a non-partner university
Looking to go somewhere different? There are opportunities to customize your own study abroad experience and to receive credit for experiential learning projects. Mount Allison is also committed to developing new international opportunities for students and will continue to add new programs in different countries around the world.
Visit Mount Allison's International Centre for more information.