Set out on the adventure of a lifetime
You can see the world through Mount Allison a number of ways, including study abroad and exchange programs, research opportunities, international internships, conferences, and volunteer efforts.
Some examples of international travel by our students:
- Mount Allison students get rare opportunity to participate in archaeological dig in Pompeii
- Mansbridge Intern explores non-profit work in Indonesia
- Political science student spends semester studying in Hong Kong with International Exchange Travel Bursary
- Mount Allison researchers collaborate with Brazilian NGO to gain a better understanding of migratory shorebirds
- International Relations student attends UN's High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
Study abroad and exchange
Study abroad and exchange programs offer a chance for you to take new and interesting courses, learn a different language, experience another culture, make friends from around the globe, and learn a lot about yourself ― all while working towards your Mount Allison degree.
Mount Allison offers programs in 20 countries, including semester-long, year-long, or short-term summer programs. For a full list of opportunities, visit the International Centre — international travel.
Study abroad vs. exchange:
- Study abroad offers you short-term studies on your own or as part of a group. Programs vary in length and are typically offered in spring or summer.
- Exchange programs allow you to spend a semester or full academic year abroad at one of our partner universities. And, as the name suggests, Mount Allison also receives a visiting exchange student in return.
While participating in a study abroad or exchange program, you will earn credit towards your degree. There are opportunities to customize your own study abroad experience and to receive credit for experiential learning projects. Mount Allison is also committed to developing new international opportunities for students and will continue to add new programs in different countries around the world.
Travel grants, bursaries, and awards
Mount Allison has many funding opportunities for students who would like to pursue international opportunities. You can receive up to $10,000 to fund your international exchange, summer study, research, internships, or volunteering.
Visit Mount Allison's International Centre — Funding Opportunities for more information.