Subject: categories: Four lectureships in Nottingham

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:10:22 GMT

Dear all,

We are currently advertising four new lectureships in Nottingham.
There are no particular research areas specified for these positions,
but applications in the area of the Languages and Programming research
group (http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/Research/lap/) would be most welcome.

Graham Hutton

----------------------------------------------------------------------

		     THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM

	School of Computer Science and Information Technology

 			   Four Lectureships

Applications are  invited for the  above posts in  a rapidly-expanding
School based  at one of the UK's  strongest research-led universities.
The School was  graded 4 in the 1996  Research Assessment Exercise and
is now building up its research strengths for a further improvement in
grade. These  posts are part of a  steady increase in the  size of the
School  accompanied by a  move to  new purpose-built  accommodation in
September  1999.  Although  the  successful candidates  will have  the
opportunity of teaching within  their specialist area at undergraduate
and  postgraduate level,  there will  also be  a requirement  to teach
general computer science and information technology modules outside of
any particular specialisation.

Candidates should already  have a PhD in computer  science, or another
closely related discipline, together  with strong evidence of existing
research work and the potential  for future research at Grade 5 level.
Outstanding  candidates will  be welcomed  from any  area  of computer
science.

Salary will be within the range #18,731 - #30,967 per annum, depending
on qualifications and experience.

Informal enquiries  may be  addressed to Professor  P H Ford,  Head of
School,     tel:     +44     (0)115     951     4251     or     Email:
[email-masked].  Further information  about the School is
available on the WWW at: http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk.

Further details and application forms are available from the Personnel
Office,  Highfield  House, The  University  of Nottingham,  University
Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD.  Tel: +44 (0)115 951 5927.  Fax: +44 (0)115
951  5205.   Email:  [email-masked].   Please  quote
ref. LEG/537.

Closing date: 5 January 2001.

----------------------------------------------------------------------