Subject: categories: ETAPS 2002 - Call for Satellite Events

From: Etaps 2002 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:54:23 +0100 (MET)

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Call for Affiliated Workshops

                           ETAPS 2002

                   April 2002, Grenoble, France
                     http://www-etaps.imag.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ETAPS,  the  European Joint  Conferences  on  Theory  and Practice  of
Software is  a major international  forum for academic  and industrial
researchers  working on  topics relating  to Software  Science.  After
ETAPS'98 in  Lisbon, ETAPS'99 in  Amsterdam, ETAPS 2000 in  Berlin and
ETAPS 2001  in Genova, ETAPS 2002  will take place  in Grenoble during
April 2002 (the precise dates will be communicated later).

ETAPS is  a confederation of five main  conferences: the International
Conference on  Compiler Construction  (CC), the European  Symposium On
Programming  (ESOP), Fundamental  Approaches  to Software  Engineering
(FASE),  Foundations of  Software Science  and  Computation Structures
(FOSSACS) and  Tools and Algorithms for the  Construction and Analysis
of Systems (TACAS).

Workshops  affiliated to  ETAPS 2002  will  be held  before, after  or
partly  in  parallel  with  the  main  conferences.   Researchers  and
practitioners wishing to organize  a workshop affiliated to ETAPS 2002
are  invited to  submit, by  electronic  mail in  ASCII or  Postscript
format, proposals for  workshops to the ETAPS 2002  Workshop Chair, by
December 1st, 2000. Such a proposal should be no longer than two pages
and should describe  the topic of the workshop,  the names and contact
information  of   the  organizers,  the  estimated   dates  for  paper
submissions,  notification of  acceptance and  final  versions (before
Ferbruary 15, 2002), the expected number of participants and duration,
the  preferred period  (pre-  or post-ETAPS)  and  any other  relevant
information (e.g., invited  speakers, panels, publication policy, demo
sessions etc.).

The proposals will be evaluated by the ETAPS 2002 organizing committee
on the basis of their assessed benefit for prospective participants to
ETAPS  2002.   Acceptance  decisions  will  be made  by  December  15,
2000. The titles  and brief  information related to  accepted workshop
proposals will be included in the conference program and advertised in
the call  for participation.  Workshop organizers  will be responsible
for  producing a  Call  for  papers, Web  site,  reviewing and  making
acceptance   decisions  on   submitted  papers and scheduling  workshop
activities in consultation with  the local organizers.

Any further information needed for preparing a workshop proposal can
be obtained by contacting the ETAPS 2002 Workshop Chair:
Rachid Echahed, [email-masked]

Important dates :

December 1, 2000 : Workshop proposals
December 15, 2000 : Notification of acceptance

ETAPS 2002 Web site:        http://www-etaps.imag.fr/

 ------------- 
you received this e-mail via the individual 
or collective address [email-masked]