Subject: categories: AMS special session: Toronto

From: jwpell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:44:10 -0500

As you may be aware, the AMS is holding a regional meeting (#957 ) in
Toronto September 22-24, 2000. Walter Tholen and I are organizing a
special session in that meeting entitled Applied Categorical Structures.
We hope you can attend.

The preliminary list of speakers includes: Lars Birkedal, Marta Bunge,
Robin Cockett, Jack Duskin, Andre Joyal, Jim Lambek, Bill Lawvere, Michael
Makkai, Bob Pare, Jiri Rosicky, Myles Tierney, Enrico Vitale, and Richard
Wood.

There will be time in total for 20 lectures of approximately 25 minutes
duration. We would be happy to receive proposals for additional talks to
complete our list. The AMS encourages expository talks in special
sessions. If you would like to speak, please send us at this time a title
or brief desciption of your proposed talk. If we are able to include you
as a speaker, you will have to provide an abstract to be printed in the
appropriate issue of the AMS journal Abstracts. We will inform you of the
particulars later.

Unfortunately, the AMS does not provide financial assistance to any of
those participating in the special sessions. We hope this will not be an
impediment to your participation. We expect to make the meeting a pleasant
one by organizing at least one social function.

--
Dr. Joan Wick Pelletier
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
York University