Subject: categories: PhD places at LFCS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:47:11 +0100 (BST)

PhD positions available for October 2000

         Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science

        Division of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Applications are open for students to take up PhD places at
Edinburgh in October 2000.  Supporting funds are available for
postgraduates of any nationality.

The Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science is one of the
world's leading centres of research into theoretical computer
science and its application.  An important part of this is its
active community of research students, currently over 20 strong.

LFCS runs a 3-year PhD programme; this includes a series of taught
courses which provide a broad background in the theory of
computation, and prepare students to do their own research work.
All students are directly supervised by an academic staff member.

The Laboratory and the Division fund some studentships of their own,
open to applicants of any nationality.  UK students can also apply
for one of several grants awarded to the Division by the EPSRC.

For more information, including details of how to apply, please
consult our web site.

    http://www.lfcs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/research/students.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ian Stark		 	  
Deputy Director, LFCS		http://www.lfcs.informatics.ed.ac.uk