Subject: categories: 7th WoLLIC'2000

From: Ruy de Queiroz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:31:07 -0300 (EST)

[Please post. Apologies for multiple copies.]

                         Call for Contributions

        7th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation
       	                      (WoLLIC'2000)
                            August 15-18, 2000

 !  TUTORIALS   >>     (Tutorial Day: August 15th)       <<   TUTORIALS !

                            Natal, Brazil

The "7th Workshop on Logic, Language, Information and Computation"
(WoLLIC'2000), the seventh version of a series of workshops which started
in 1994 with the aim of fostering interdisciplinary research in pure and
applied logic, will be held in Natal, Brazil, from August 15th to 18th 2000.
Contributions are invited in the form of short papers (10 A4 10pt pages) in
all areas related to logic, language, information and computation, including:
pure logical systems, proof theory, model theory, algebraic logic, type theory,
category theory, constructive mathematics, lambda and combinatorial calculi,
program logic and program semantics, logics and models of concurrency,
logic and complexity theory, nonclassical logics, nonmonotonic logic,
logic and language, discourse representation, logic and artificial
intelligence, automated deduction, foundations of logic programming,
logic and computation, and logic engineering.

The 7th WoLLIC'2000 has the scientific sponsorship of the Association
for Symbolic Logic (ASL), the Interest Group in Pure and Applied Logics
(IGPL), the European Association for Logic, Language and Information (FoLLI),
the Sociedade Brasileira de Computacao (SBC), and the Sociedade Brasileira
de Logica (SBL).

THE LOCATION
Natal is the capital and largest city of Rio Grande do Norte, a sun shiny
land of beaches, dunes, coconut trees, located in north-east coast of Brazil.
There, the summer takes all year long (sun shines more than 300 days per
year), and the heat is softened by a constant breeze. Along the 400-kilometer
(250-mile) coast line, calm beaches with reefs forming natural pools altern
with good surfing spots, almost untouched places full of sand dunes and
coconut trees. 

GUEST SPEAKERS
There will be a number of guest speakers, including:
Andrea Asperti (Univ Bologna, Italy)
Angus Macintyre (Edinburgh Univ, Scotland)
Luiz Carlos Pereira (Pontificial Catholic Univ of Rio, Brazil)
Toniann Pitassi (Arizona Univ, USA)
Bruno Poizat (Univ Lyon I, France)
Glynn Winskel (BRICS, Denmark)

SUBMISSION:
Papers (up to 10 pages A4 10pt, sent preferably in postscript format by
e-mail to [email-masked], or in 5(five) copies to postal address) must
be RECEIVED by MAY 7th, 2000 by the Chair of the Organising Committee.
Papers must be ANONYMOUS (a separate identification page must be included),
written in English and give enough detail to allow the programme committee
to assess the merits of the work.  Papers should start with a brief
statement of the issues, a summary of the main results, and a statement
of their significance and relevance to the workshop. References and
comparisons with related work is also expected.  Technical development
directed to the specialist should follow.  Results must be unpublished
and not submitted for publication elsewhere, including the proceedings
of other symposia or workshops. One author of each accepted paper will be
expected to attend the conference in order to present it. Authors will be
notified of acceptance by JUNE 9th, 2000, and final versions will have
to be delivered (in LaTeX format) by JUNE 16th, 2000.  The abstracts of
the papers will be published in a "Conference Report" section of the
Logic Journal of the IGPL (ISSN 1367-0751) (Oxford Univ Press) as part
of the meeting report.  Papers presented at the meeting will be invited for
submission (in full version) to the Logic Journal of the IGPL
(http://www.oup.co.uk/igpl/).

IMPORTANT DATES:
Submission: May 7th, 2000
Notification of acceptance/rejection: June 9th, 2000
Delivery of final (in LaTeX): June 16th, 2000

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE:
Sergei Artemov (Moscow Univ, Russia, and Cornell Univ, USA),
Ricardo Bianconi (Univ Sao Paulo, Brazil),
Sam Buss (UC San Diego, USA),
Edmund Clarke (Carnegie-Mellon Univ, USA),
Itala D'Ottaviano (Univ Campinas, Brazil),
Heinz-Dieter Ebbinghaus (Univ Freiburg, Germany),
Peter Johnstone (Cambridge Univ, UK),
Hans Kamp (Univ Stuttgart, Germany),
Pat Lincoln (SRI International, USA),
Maarten de Rijke (Amsterdam Univ, The Netherlands),
Colin Stirling (Edinburgh Univ, Scotland).

ORGANISING COMMITTEE:
B. C. Bedregal (UFRN),
M. E. Coniglio (UNICAMP),
A. M. P. Cruz (UFRN),
D. Deharbe (UFRN),
A. T. C. Martins (UFC),
A. Moreira (UFRN),
A. G. de Oliveira (UFPE/UFBA),
R. de Queiroz (UFPE),
R. H. N. Santiago (UFRN).

For further information, contact the Chair of the Organising Committee:
Ruy de Queiroz, Centro de Informatica, Univ. Federal de Pernambuco,
CP 7851, 50732-970 Recife, PE, Brazil. E-mail: [email-masked],
tel.: (+55 81) 271-8430, fax: (+55 81) 271-8438.

WEB PAGE: http://www.di.ufpe.br/~wollic/wollic2000/