Subject: categories: CoLoPS04: Call for Papers

From: "Frank D. Valencia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:48:56 +0200

[[ -- Apologies for multiple copies of this message -- ]]

===================================================================
                           CoLoPS 2004

                     International Workshop on

            COnstraint & LOgic Programming in Security

             December 5-11th, 2004 - Saint-Malo, France
                  Satellite Workshop to ICLP 2004
====================================================================

Scope of the workshop:

Due to its practical relevance and complexity, the study of security
has become a serious challenge involving several disciplines of
computer science. A noteworthy aspect is that in several instances
this study has used directly or indirectly tools and techniques from
(Concurrent) Constraint Programming and (Linear) Logic
Programming. For example, constraint solving has successfully been
used for verifying security protocols, and several process algebras
for modelling cryptographic protocols (e.g., recent variants of the
spi calculus, SPL) have remarkable similarities with Concurrent
Constraint Programming. Also (Linear) Logic Programming has been used
as a framework for security protocols, and one of its central notions,
unification, has been used for the symbolic execution of cryptographic
calculi.

CoLoPS aims at getting a broader perspective on the role of Constraint
and Logic Programming in the study of security. Topics of interest
include (but are not restricted to) frameworks for security using
algorithms, verification techniques, process algebras or programming
languages, with a Constraint or Logic Programming flavor.

Submission and publication:
Paper submissions should not exceed 15 pages.
Submissions should be sent as a PDF or Postscript le via email to
Frank D. Valencia ([email-masked]).

The email should have:
    1. "COLOPS Submission" as subject,
    2. submission title and authors' relevant information as body, and
    3. submission  le as an attachment.

The accepted papers will be included in the workshop proceedings as a
research report of Uppsala University.  Accepted papers will be
published in an ENTCS (Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer
Science) volume dedicated to ICLP 2004 workshops. Papers describing
ongoing work or already published are also welcome but will not be
part of the proceedings. Please mark your paper accordingly.

Program Committee:
Elvira Albert (UC Madrid, Spain)
Maria Alpulente (UP Valencia, Spain)
Stefano Bistarelli (ITT-CNR, Italy)
Martin Leucker (TU Munich, Germany)
Sebastian Moedersheim (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
Ugo Montanari (Universita di Pisa, Italy)
Catuscia Palamidessi (INRIA, France)
Justin Pearson (Uppsala University, Sweden)
Fred Spiessens (Universit e catholique de Louvain, Belgium)
Frank D. Valencia (Uppsala University, Sweden)
Pascal Van Hentenryck (Brown University, USA)
Vijay Saraswat (IBM, USA)
Bjorn Victor (Uppsala University, Sweden)
Alicia Villanueva (UP Valencia, Spain)

Organizing Committee:
Martin Leucker (TU Munich, Germany),
Justin Pearson (Uppsala University, Sweden),
Fred Spiessens (Universit e catholique de Louvain, Belgium),
Frank D. Valencia (Uppsala University, Sweden)

Important dates:
    Submission deadline: June 27, 2004
    Notification of acceptance: July 18, 2004
    Final version: August 15, 2004
    Workshop: September 5th or 11th, 2004 (Dependent on ICLP organizers)

For more and up-to-date information see the www page
http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/people/fsp/colops2004/