Data Structures and Algorithms II
COMP 2631 (Winter 2010)
Instructor: Dr. R. Rosebrugh, Dunn 203
- Class times and location: Mon/Wed/Fri, 8:30pm-9:20pm, DUNN 104
- Lab time and location: Wed, 2:30-5:20pm, AVDX 115
- Textbooks: Data Structures with Java, by William H. Ford and William R. Topp (Pearson/Prentice Hall) and
Java Structures, by D. Bailey (free on-line)
- For official detail see the University Calendar.
- Prerequisite: Computer Science 2611.
- Office hours: Email for appointment.
- The programming language for this course is Java.
- Course Web Page: mathcs.mta.ca/courses/comp2631/263110.html
Check this URL regularly for information about the course.
Note: In order to pass the course:
- a passing mark
on the aggregate of the test and the final exam must be
- and you must be present for all labs (unless excused).
- and you must be present for 80% of the quizzes (they will be from assigned homework problems).
Grades will be assigned using approximately the following weights:
- Labs: 15% Lab attendance is mandatory.
Assignments and quizzes: 15%
Project and Presentation: 10%
Midterm Test: 15%
Final Exam: 45%
The midterm test will be held on Wednesday, February 17 [in class].