INTERNATIONAL CATEGORY THEORY MEETING (CT95)
Canadian Mathematical Society Annual Seminar
July 9-15, 1995
Fifty years after the paper which founded Category Theory and twenty-five
years after the discovery of Elementary Topos Theory,
the Category Theory community met in Halifax. The
meeting was also an Annual Seminar of the Canadian Mathematical Society
(which celebrates its 50th anniversary in 1995).
The meeting took place on the campus of Dalhousie University in Halifax.
The scientific program ran from Monday, July 10 to Saturday, July 15
The conference social events included an excursion to Point Pleasant Park
followed by a boat tour of Halifax harbour and lobster dinner,
and a conference banquet on the Thursday evening.
About 107 mathematicians participated in the conference. Their
names and email addresses
are listed. Here is the
- thanks to Bob Walters for scanning.
During the two weeks preceding CT95 a
Category Theory Summer School
was held at Dalhousie. Professors F. W. Lawvere
and S. Schanuel presented a series of lectures
to an enthusiastic audience of graduate students
from around the world.
Below is a list of speakers at CT95 and their titles.
Where speakers have provided them, there are links
to material (preprints, etc.) related to their lectures.
presented by the speakers
are available in
- ADAMEK, J.
- Finitary sketches II
- BARR, M.
- Acyclic Models
- BETTI, R.
- Factorizations in bicategories
- BISSON, T.
- Covering Spaces as Operations in Cobordism Theory
- BLUTE, R.
- Linear Lauchli Semantics
- BOURN, D.
- Characterization of the nerve of n-Groupoids
- BUNGE, M.
- Fundamental group of a topos : paths versus coverings
- CLEMENTINO, M. M.
- Separation versus connectedness
- COCKETT, R.
- Coherence for MIX
- CUBRIC, D.
Semantics for the Universal Quantifier
-- gzipped Postscript file
- DAMPHOUSSE, P.
- Distorted logic for full subcategories of finite sets
- DUSKIN, J.
- Some Applications of 2-Category Techniques in the Theory
of Braided Tensor Categories
- FIORE, M.
- Aspects of Axiomatic Domain Theory
- FUNK, J.
- Geometric Spreads
- GATES, R.
- A construction of the initial distributive category with P(X)
isomorphic to X
- GRANDIS, M.
- Limits in double categories
- HU, H.
- On pure morphisms in accessible categories
- JANELIDZE, G.
- Higher Dimensional Central Extensions:
A Categorical Approach to Homology Theory of Groups
- JOYAL, A.
- Bicompletions of Categories
- KATIS, P.
- Circuits and the Grothendieck Construction
- KELLY, G. M.
- Enrichment for monads on the category of categories
- KLEISLI, H.
- How induced representations should be constructed
- KOCK, A.
Natural Bundles over Smooth Etendues
- compressed .dvi file
- KOSLOWSKI, J.
- From bicategories of relations to bicategories of profunctors
- LAWSON, M.
- Constructing Inverse Semigroups from Category Actions
- LAWVERE, F. W.
- LIPPINCOTT, T.
- An Introduction to Diagrammatic Languages
- Mac LANE, S.
- Emmy Noether and Heinz Hopf Made Category Theory Possible
- MacCAULL, W.
- Kripke semantics for substructural logics with weakening
and no contraction
- MacLEOD, R.
- Substitution Systems
- MAKKAI, M.
- First order logic with dependent sorts,
with applications to category theory
- MARMOLEJO, F.
- Weak Limits and Algebras
- NIEFIELD, S.
- Constructing Quantales From Monoidal Categories
- PEDICCHIO, M. C.
- Internal Category Theory and Commutators
- PLEWE, T.
Localic triquotient maps are effective descent maps
- gzipped dvi, also
- ROSENTHAL, K.
- Quantaloids, Enriched Categories and Automata Theory
- ROSICKY, J.
- Finitary Sketches I
- SQUIRE, R.
- Omega co-generates simplicial sets
- STEINER, R.
- Presentations of omega-categories by directed complexes
- STREET, R.
Low-dimensional topology and higher-order categories I
- Postscript file
- THOLEN, W.
- The categorical notions of separation, compactness and connectedness
- TIERNEY, M.
- On the theory of path groupoids I
- TRIMBLE, T.
- Parity Structures on Associahedra and Higher-Dimensional Categories
- VERITY, D.
- Surface Diagrams and Associahedra
- WALTERS, R. F. C.
- Bicategories and Concurrency
- WALTERS-WAYLAND, J.
- Commutativity of certain coreflections and reflections
in the category of uniform frames
- WENDT, M.
- Towards an Algebraic Theory of Integration
- WICK PELLETIER, J.
- On the quantisation of points
- WOOD, R. J.
- A 2-categorical approach to geometric
morphisms and change of base, II